Setting Up Your POP or IMAP Email Address in MS Outlook Express
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook Express 6 to work
with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook
Express 6, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook
Express®. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook Express by using
the settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook Express
- In Microsoft Outlook Express, from the Tools menu, select
- In Internet Accounts, click on the Mail tab.
- From the Mail tab, click the Add
- Select Mail.
- The Internet Connection Wizard will start. In the Display Name field, enter your full name and click
- In the E-mail address field, enter your email address and click
- On the E-mail Server Names page, complete your information as follows:
- My incoming mail server is a
- POP3 or IMAP.
- Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server
- POP3 pop.rockymountains.net. or IMAP
- Outgoing mail (SMTP) server
If your email address does not end in rockymountains.net, like email@example.com, these servers will still be rockymountains.net. pop,imap or smtp.realwest.com will not work!
- In the Account Name and Password fields,
enter the first part of your email address (everything before the @ sign) the password, then click Next.
- On the setup confirmation page, click Finish.
- On the Mail tab, select the account you just created, and
then click Properties.
- Click on the Servers tab.
- Select My server requires authentication, then click
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Server Port Numbers section, change Outgoing mail
(SMTP) from 25 to 587.
- (Optional) If you want to keep a copy of email messages stored on your
email provider's servers, in the Delivery section, select
Leave a copy of messages on server.
Your Outlook Express account is now set up. Click Close to
close the Internet Accounts window and return to your Outlook Express.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about
how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly
support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or
reliability of such products. Outlook Express® is a registered trademark of
Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All rights